Out Healthy Communities Coalition partners with a number of local organizations while supporting many community initiatives. We collaborated with organizations that provide services like 2-1-1 and address ongoing community health concerns for at-risk populations including: individuals with mental health concerns, people coping with the effects of substance abuse and addiction health, the aging community, the disabled, youth, and families. Below are just a few of the programs our Healthy Communities Coalition supports.
- United Way 2-1-1, a community directory that enables people in our county to address unmet areas of need.
- IU Health LaPorte Hospital Community Health and Dental Center, which addresses under-served and disadvantaged individual’s health needs regardless of ability to pay.
- HealthLinc, which provides community health services on a sliding scale to assist the under-insured and under-served.
- Franciscan Alliance’s Open Door Community Alliance which addresses gap needs for pharmaceutical assistance.
- Governor’s Commission for a Drug Free Indiana, which addresses substance abuse in our county.
These are just some of the numerous programs that we support and that collaborate with us on improving the health of the community.
The Healthy Communities Coalition meets from 8:00-9:30 am the third Wednesday of the month January- November.
Info on the Tobacco Prevention and Cessation Coalition:
The goal of the Tobacco Prevention and Cessation Coalition is to bring together passionate community members from diverse sectors of the community to:
- Improve tobacco prevention and cessation efforts
- Form authentic partnerships for collective impact and resource sharing
- Learn about and educate other on health disparities and health equity
- Advocate for smoke-free air policies
As a coalition member, you will have access to network with multiple community leaders, opportunities to promote your agency, professional development trainings, volunteering, and more. Membership is free and all are welcome.
The coalition meets virtually every fourth Wednesday of the month at 10:00 AM CST via Zoom. If you are interested in joining this coalition, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Healthy Communities Coalition Meeting
The coalition works to address issues regarding health coverage, tobacco prevention advocacy, mental health resource sharing, suicide prevention & education, and current public health trends.
This group offers:
- Networking opportunities for professionals
- Organizations may promote their programs and events
- Volunteer opportunities to improve the health and well-being of NWI residents